X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Thursday MLB >>>

MLB YTD: 12-7, +12.38

Dbacks +116 (Davis) vs Reds - 2 Units
    Like the Dbacks to bounce back after the blown save last night. They've pretty much shown they're the better team in the first 2 games, and they should win the series in this one. Davis a good serviceable lefty....Reds throw out a 21 year old rookie in his 1st MLB start.

Tigers -166 (Bonderman) vs Royals - 3 Units
    Anti-sweep play....Tigers bats have to show up, no?

Nationals +151 (Bergmann) vs Phillies - 1 Unit
    How 'bout dem Nats!? lol. I'll back 'em to win yet again, wtf...This line seems a little high...Berg's coming off a decent 2007, where he was lights out in the 2nd half. Old man Moyer goes for the Phils...and who knows if he still has it at 45. Worth a shot, IMO.

Blue Jays +148 (McGowan) vs Yankees - 2 Units
    Another joke line. Jays could easily be 2-0 so far in this series with a late inning close loss, and a convincing win. Jays have better pitching than the Yanks...simple as that...Yankees are a .500 team from what I can see so far, but their big names will give them huge fav lines even with guys like Mussina and Hughes on the hill...I might fade them every game the first month of the season. McGowan ready for a break out year, and is known to actually have the best pure stuff on the whole staff....including Halladay and Burnett.

Rays -120 vs Orioles - 2 Units
    TB blew the big lead last night, but should bounce back tonight. Sonnanstine had a great 2nd half last year, and hopefully that continues into this year. Traschel is always good for 5+ ERs. Hopefully the TB bullpen doesn't implode again.
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-03-2008, 09:19 AM.

lol yankees a .500 team?? i mean you can judge a team in 2 games... Today i faded my yankees because burnett is the superior pitcher, although mussina was not terrible. Hughes is going to win 10-12 games easy. Jays should be 2-0 but its not should its 9 innnigs not 6.... Yanks win tomorrow IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Man Half-Amazin View Post
      lol yankees a .500 team?? i mean you can judge a team in 2 games... Today i faded my yankees because burnett is the superior pitcher, although mussina was not terrible. Hughes is going to win 10-12 games easy. Jays should be 2-0 but its not should its 9 innnigs not 6.... Yanks win tomorrow IMO
      Your a yanks fan, I know...but with that Yankees pitching staff it is not a playoff team IMO. They have the 4th best starting staff in the AL East IMO. Jays got 5 runs tonight, but had 4 Double play balls and/or hard hit balls straight at players. Coulda been 8-10 runs easy. Your rival Red Sox likely score 6+ off Mussina most days this year. #2 starter Mussina's fastball topped out at 85? lmao. Hughes will win 10? wow...amazing for a #3. I'm not "judging" a team after 2 games...it's called an opinion in a write-up. I just think the Yanks (as usual) are over valued huge here early again by 30-40 cents every game. Fading them you'll be up. Backing huge fav MLs with them, you'll be down in the long run.

Lay the -160 if you want...they could obviously win, but the smart thing says dog or no play IMO...from what we've seen, what makes NY 60 cents better on the line? I think McGowan is better than Hughes, and Burnett and Halladay shut them down completely, and have similar stuff to McGowan. No value at all in -160 for me...

GL this year 1/2 :thumbs:
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Halladay and Burnett were great plays i played burnett, but they are nasty pitchers that have proven to give yankee problems...hughes had a great spring, your right about laying -160 with the yanks but the run line is a good play... yankes 8 and 9th is a lock with joba nad mow so if he can pitch 6 qulaity innings then its a decent play...with ya on det tomorrow even though i hate laying wood more than -150...

Comment

like the tigers today

Comment

with you on the tigers, i think that its too early to judge the yanks pitching staff. there is a lot of potential there. a lot depends on how the middle relief holds up.
            mlb 2018 157-110 +42.74 2018
            nfl 2018 54-79-1 -21.4 units 2018
            mlb 2019 348-245-3 +70.2 units 2019
            nfl 2019 54-54 -21.2 units 2019
            mlb 2020 112-75-1 +33.35 units 2020
            nfl 2020 88-87-3 -8.4 units 2021
            mlb 2020 playoffs 30-17 +30.6 units 2020
            nfl playoffs 2020 11-11-1 +25.4 units 2021
            mlb 2021 271-226 +18.3 units 2021
            mlb 2022 240-239 -62.9 units as of 10-21-2022
            mlb 2023 122-103 -9.7 units 2023
            mlb 2024 15-11 +2.7 units as of 4-13-2024

Comment

Thanks guys....yeah, everyone and their mother on the Tigers...but they will win...the bats have to show up...and Grienke was rocked by the Tigers last year. He is good in the bullpen, but does not do well as a starter.

Added a unit on the Nats....wtf... :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                Added a unit on the Nats....wtf... :beer2:

In a pickle myself.... I need philly to win for the Road Trip System.... but I would love to sweep the 1st series of the season

Comment

GL JML.... like them all but the Yankees fade :sm:

Actually thinking of playing the over in that one- I agree the line is too high with hughes on the bump. Though Hughes pitched well down the stretch last season, he had trouble vs the Jays. McGowan has the best stuff on the staff? I'll believe it when I see it- he got rocked the last couple times he faced the Yanks last season. Looks like he has the flu as well, & Marcum will go if he's not ready by gametime...
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

gl jml.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                      McGowan has the best stuff on the staff?
                      Yeah...who knows....but that's all Jays fans heard last year, and during spring training this year from the coaching staff and Greg Zaun....as far as pure nasty "stuff" goes. But we all know that there is alot more to becoming a complete pitcher...yeah.

GL!

Comment

Ha - I HATE the Yankees but to say they are a .500 team a freakin ridiculous. Does 2, now 3 games, make the Tigers a 70 win team? No.

Anyway, I think Jays fans need to temper themselves on how good they think McGowan and Marcum are. People are acting like they are guaranteed 16-17 game winners, but they still have MUCH to prove. Unti last year, McGowan has been this uber-prosepct since about 2003 and maybe he's finally put it all together, but he's no sure thing. Marcum was a journeyman type guy with little upside who emerged from the bullpen to have a more than solid season last year, but he's no sure thing either.

Basically, my point is (though it kills me to say this) that you are the pot calling the kettle black calling thew Yanks a .500 team because they are relying on Hughes and Kennedy when the Jays are relaying on McGowan and Marcum.

:beerbang:

Comment

Pot/kettle? Jays are "around" a .500 team too...never said they weren't. Probably battling NY for second with about 85-90 wins. Never mentioned Marcum once. Never mentioned McGowan's prospective win total once. Just repeated what coaches think of his "pedigree" in a write up for his first start of the year. :dunno:

With that pitching...Yanks are "around" a .500 team, and a non-playoff team (IMO). Could be .520, could be .540. I don't know. I don't mean exactly .500...I just mean they won't play .600 ball like they have been the past 10 years. It's called an opinion. It has nothing to do with it being two games into the season. I thought that last week. I think it today. And it's not just the 2 young kids....Mussina and Pettite are done IMO. Bullpen will be average. Riviera not as dominant. They had a 39 year old throwing 85 MPH as thier 2nd starter. The whole staff is mediocre IMO. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have to call it as I see it.

The whole point really was that I think they do not play .600 ball this year, and as a result fading their HUGE ML's could be even more profitable than usual this year. That's really all I meant originally. Didn't know ".500" would be taken so literally.

I don't understand why this is such an issue...lol...We had a preseason thread with people picking team totals when they had played ZERO games. You made a thread of various totals bets. Once a few games are played, opinions on season win totals or winning % aren't allowed? lol.

Someone suggests that the big bad Yankees have one down year because of a perceived (weaker than usual) pitching staff... and it's impossible! lmao. Guess we'll see. I know it hasn't happened in a while! lol.

GL though Cuse, always (usually) like your insight in bases!! :beerbang: Too bad about Pedro...
                          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

about that pot/kettle ****, what the hell is that?

Comment

I knew you were making a sort of "bold" prediction, and god knows I hope to hell you're right. I guess I just think thinking they won't win 90 games is absurd considering they have every year since forever, and if they need a pitcher, they will just go out an buy 2 of them if need be.

Here's to the Yanks only winning 85 games (not that I believe that for one second though)... :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X