~~ BIFF'S BASES - APR. 1st ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S BASES - APR. 1st ~~

Just trying to keep it simple to start the year. Look for opportunities where people still have conceptions from last year of where "value" is. Frankly I don't think there is value in the early season. To me that term really only applies to a team that has already shown a certain threat of talent that season and is being undervalued by a team that has dominated and hasn't had many weaknesses exposed, at least not in the box score. Each off season, (especially baseball), some players workout and some sit on the couch. Granted some teams don't change, but people do. Until you see how a team is functioning together for at least a few weeks I don't think value for a particular season can be calculated. But that's just in my mind. In the early going you just have to rely on situational variables with a sprinkle of spring training. Anyway, here's what I'm rolling with today...

APRIL 1st

NEW YORK YANKEES -150

-Final Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, and Roy Halladay hasn't lost to the Yanks since 9/21/04. Everyone can see Wang's poor performance this spring and in the playoffs, and I myself was leaning towards the Jays yesterday. But seeing as I think more people are getting on the Jays today and the price is even better, I'm going to go the other way. That Jays lineup doesn't really scare me yet, and I can't think of a better situation for Roy to maybe drop his one last L at Yankee Stadium.

*RISKING $450 to win $300

OAKLAND ATHLETICS +115

-Opening Day for the Athletics who have been labeled as a non-contender this year for the first time this decade. I'm not so sold... just yet. This team is young and talented and played very good baseball this spring, so we know they got the confidence to play and win, which is huge for a team labeled a sure fire loser before the season even starts. I think Blanton will do good enough today, not as the A's ace, but as a decent starting pitcher who knows the Yankees have their eyes on him, knowing Billy Boy is in wheeling and dealing mode. This just seems like too cheap of a price on the Sox against the "lowly" A's. They are very good at taking pitches and if Dice-K struggles out the gates again, A's could walk away with another one, I just hope Houston is getting smarter.

*RISKING $300 to win $345

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $29,610

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--

:chaching: Good Luck!
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Biff,

Good job on the Yanks pick. Like you, I was leaning towards the Jays yesterday until I saw someone's post in another thread today that 60%+ were on the Jays. That's always a good time to go oppo.

Good luck on the A's!

Murph

Comment

Thanks Murph. Good luck this season! :th:

Lost another grinder with the A's. I honestly thought about making a small parlay with the Yanks and the A's RL, because I knew the Sox could shut them down in the late innings. Varitek did get robbed of a homer, but Youklis got a good call at the plate. Just have to remember this is a full season and the battle has just begun. Can't believe the Angels show up TODAY! Bastards. Back tomorrow.

--

Starting Bankroll = $30,000

Current Bankroll = $29,610

1% Bet Amount = $300

Bet Change @ $33,000 / $27,000

--

April ML Record (1-2) -$390
      April RL Record (0-0) +$0
      April O/U Record (0-0) +$0

--
      Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 04-02-2008, 02:34 AM.
      "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Working...
      X