Sleeper teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Ryan is not hurt again :dunno: He is just coming back from an injury. He wasn't expected to be back until May....looks like the team thinks he was pushing it too hard to come back early, and they are just backing him off a bit, being careful, and taking it slow.
    That would be awesome JML. I love watching Ryan pitch and hope he comes back soon. I've read and heard numerous places imply that he he had a "Setback" and the fact that they are sugarcoating things some people think whatever happened is quite serious. I hope that's totally wrong, but we shall see. You have read up on it more than I, I'm quite sure.

Casey Janssen going down is a huge blow, which most people don't realize. Good point there. Guy was nails last year, all year.

I'm wondering if Reed makes it to the Mets via waivers or if someone else claims him before it's their turn? He's definitely getting claimed by someone and the Mets need a right handed hitting OF'er for when Alou is injured (which is a lot).

Comment

I can't believe they let Reed go, and kept Shannon Stewart. He's an equal to Stewart at the plate, better on the bases (Stewart has lost a TON of speed), and ALOT better on defence. Johnson is GG quality left-fielder, and Stewart is one of the worst defensive players in baseball! Also...Johnson was having a good spring, and Stewart is batting around .230!!

Hate, hate, hate this move...and if the Mets do end up with him, you will LOVE watching him play, Cuse...he would be a perfect grinder type player as an addition to a contender.

:bang:

Comment

and if the Mets do end up with him, you will LOVE watching him play, Cuse...he would be a perfect grinder type player as an addition to a contender.
        Just read the Cubbies are after Reed...

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Yea, but BJ Ryan is already hurt (again... word is mum on what he did which generally means it's serious), and Scott Rolen was one of the worst offensive regulars in all of baseball last season and on top of that, he got hurt today and is going to miss anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

And they also have the minor problem known as the Red Sox and Yankees.

BJ Ryan will be fine...its more precautionary then anything else...losing janssen hurts the pen but they still have enough pitching to get by until ryan comes back....rolen is a big gamble and yes he is hurt now, but they had glaus at 3rd last yr and he is an injury concern too...the jays will score their share of runs...they always play bos/yanks tough, i think they can contend w those teams...would have been nice t osee them keep reed johnson and platoon in the OF, but they wanted to cut salary, and not much difference btween johnson/stewart imo, and they got stairs/lind they want to get ABs also and still got wells and rios..

Comment

I can't believe they let Reed go, and kept Shannon Stewart. He's an equal to Stewart at the plate, better on the bases (Stewart has lost a TON of speed), and ALOT better on defence. Johnson is GG quality left-fielder, and Stewart is one of the worst defensive players in baseball! Also...Johnson was having a good spring, and Stewart is batting around .230!!

Hate, hate, hate this move...and if the Mets do end up with him, you will LOVE watching him play, Cuse...he would be a perfect grinder type player as an addition to a contender.

:bang:
            They needed to move one, a little dissapointed/surprised they couldnt get anything at all for him. You guys are forgeting about Matt Stairs as well, so thats 3 guys sharing one position since Wells and Rios are everyday players. The platoon of Stairs and Stewart beat out reed not Stewart alone. Wells and Rios are great fielders and Stairs isnt the best fielder either and never hurt the Jays much when he played outfield. Jays went more offense which they believe they can get more production out of Stairs/Stewart than Stairs/Johnson. Not to mention it relieves them of 2 mill they might use on a bulpen help if needed with the injuries to Ryan and Janssen, even though Ryan isnt far from being ready to come back. He actually was still up in the air to return for the start of the season but pulled him back because they didnt want to loose him in the long run for an early return.
            Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
            NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
            CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
            CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
            NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
            ---------------------------------------------------
            2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
              don't sleep on backe
              I live in Houston, and I think the Astros are a 81 win team at best. I see Vegas has the over under at 76.5. Cincy is at 77.5.

Pitching is weak and the bats arent much better.
              Go Boilers!
              Thru 9/2

14-11 +6.18 units

5* 1-0
              4* 0-2
              3* 8-7
              2* 3-1
              2H 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by Leafs3113 View Post
                They needed to move one, a little dissapointed/surprised they couldnt get anything at all for him. You guys are forgeting about Matt Stairs as well, so thats 3 guys sharing one position since Wells and Rios are everyday players. The platoon of Stairs and Stewart beat out reed not Stewart alone. Wells and Rios are great fielders and Stairs isnt the best fielder either and never hurt the Jays much when he played outfield. Jays went more offense which they believe they can get more production out of Stairs/Stewart than Stairs/Johnson. Not to mention it relieves them of 2 mill they might use on a bulpen help if needed with the injuries to Ryan and Janssen, even though Ryan isnt far from being ready to come back. He actually was still up in the air to return for the start of the season but pulled him back because they didnt want to loose him in the long run for an early return.
                Nobody is forgeting about Stairs. It was known all winter he'd be platooning. But Johnson and Stewart's numbers the last 5 years are almost identical, and Stewart is batting around .200 for the spring. So I'm not sure where this extra offence is coming from in this move. The defence in left field is going to be awful this year. Stewart is brutal (maybe the worst arm in the majors), and Stairs is old. Reed always came into the game in the ninth for defence, even when he was sitting that day on the platoon. I agree it was probably a money thing, as you could buy out Reed for only 500 grand.

Comment

Cubs sign Reed Johnson today, out-bidding the Red Sox, Rays, Rangers and Mets. I hope he has a great year...Wrigley faithful are going to love his game...
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-25-2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X