This Just In!!!! Mets Get Santana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    That's what I was thinking....at this point, with post trade negotiations....doesn't Santana's agent have the Mets by the balls? If I was him, i'd say 6 years, 162 million...firm....or you can go back to your fans and say we couldn't get it done....
    Santana desperately wants to be a Met. He won't ask for a ridiculous contract cause he knows he won't get it. I've read that the money is all but settled but there just working on the amount of years and whether or not the end will have options or not. I think in the end this will get settled with no issues. Both sides desperately want this deal to happen. Santana has stated the Mets as the team he wanted to play for forcing a trade. Santana wanted the ability to bat, be in a big market and pitch in the NL.

Comment

And I too want Johan in the N.L.:laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        And I too want Johan in the N.L.:laughing:
        You and me both...I thought for sure he was headed to the AL East

Comment

You and me both...I thought for sure he was headed to the AL East
          as a Braves fan...this isn't good news for me :bang: Was hoping he would go to the Yanks or Sox

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
            as a Braves fan...this isn't good news for me :bang: Was hoping he would go to the Yanks or Sox
            Sorry to say, but regardless of what the Mets do, the Braves are in trouble this year, bro...

Comment

That's what I was thinking....at this point, with post trade negotiations....doesn't Santana's agent have the Mets by the balls? If I was him, i'd say 6 years, 162 million...firm....or you can go back to your fans and say we couldn't get it done....
              Woah woah woah big guy.... $27 million a year for pitcher? Huh? There is a thing called the "market" and Zito and STUPID ASS Giants GM Brian Sabean set it last year with their debacle of a 7 year $126 million contract. Zambrano and Peavy kinda fell in line with it too. There's not a pitcher on the planet who makes $20 million a year and you think Santana is getting $27 million a year?

Sheeeeesh...... I seriously hope not. :puke:

The Mets are NOT giving him seven years, not happening. He knows it, they know it, the agent knows it. The agent is the dumb **** who repped Jose Reyes and got butt-raped in that deal getting Jose only $22 million, and then a week later David Wright got $54 million, hahaha..... The solution is a 5 year deal with a 6th year vesting option for both sides (which Johan will get I'm sure).

I know know more than any of you except what I read and hear through media outlets, but my guess is 6 year $132-138 million deal. That's $22-23 million a year, and well within re-establishing the "market" and or getting "market" value.
              Last edited by CuseFan10; 01-31-2008, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post
                Santana desperately wants to be a Met. He won't ask for a ridiculous contract cause he knows he won't get it. I've read that the money is all but settled but there just working on the amount of years and whether or not the end will have options or not. I think in the end this will get settled with no issues. Both sides desperately want this deal to happen. Santana has stated the Mets as the team he wanted to play for forcing a trade. Santana wanted the ability to bat, be in a big market and pitch in the NL.
                I agree with every word. He all but told them to trade him to the Mets. He said in numerous interviews that he wants to hit because he enjoys it, and he knows he will dominate the NL line-ups, plus he's a fly ball pitcher and Shea is huge, and Citi Field won't be all that different.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Woah woah woah big guy.... $27 million a year for pitcher? Huh? There is a thing called the "market" and Zito and STUPID ASS Giants GM Brian Sabean set it last year with their debacle of a 7 year $126 million contract. Zambrano and Peavy kinda fell in line with it too. There's not a pitcher on the planet who makes $20 million a year and you think Santana is getting $27 million a year?

Sheeeeesh...... I seriously hope not. :puke:

The Mets are NOT giving him seven years, not happening. He knows it, they know it, the agent knows it. The agent is the dumb **** who repped Jose Reyes and got butt-raped in that deal getting Jose only $22 million, and then a week later David Wright got $54 million, hahaha..... The solution is a 5 year deal with a 6th year vesting option for both sides (which Johan will get I'm sure).

I know know more than any of you except what I read and hear through media outlets, but my guess is 6 year $132-138 million deal. That's $22-23 million a year, and well within re-establishing the "market" and or getting "market" value.
                  Well I wasn't saying he will get 27 per. I was just commenting on a hypothetical situation, or what I would do if I was his agent. The announced starting point that Santana wants is 25 per over 6 years....27 per over 6 doesn't sound like THAT crazy of a step, IMO. He won't get it, but I was just saying that from all the hard-ons around Met-nation the past couple days...it wouldn't surprise me if his agent pulls something like that, thinking it would be a PR nightmare if they didn't end up landing him after all of this love-fest. But my guess is 6 years 144 million.

If Giambi can make 23.5 per year, Santana can make 27.

GO Mets :beerbang:
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Santana must be sticking to his guns of 6 years $150 (or what he really wants, a 7 year deal)....cuz otherwise you would think the deal would be done by now
                    Last edited by JB; 01-31-2008, 04:05 PM.
                    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Santana must be sticking to his guns of 6 years $150 (or what he really wants, a 7 year deal)....cuz otherwise you would think the deal would be done by now
                      He should stick to it. His agent is a retard though and Omar already bent him over once. This is going to come to the point where Johan and his agent say, "Ok, that's your offer, we are getting on a plane back to Minnesota." Then, the Mets brass will say, "Wait wait wait...."

And the deal shall be done. If they don't sign him, I swear to god I will not go to Shea Stadium once this season. They HAVE to sign him, they have no choice.

6 for $138 Omar, dooooooooo it!!!!!

Comment

If Giambi can make 23.5 per year, Santana can make 27.
                        If Giambi can make $23.5 then Santana should bet $90 million. But unfortunately that's not how it works.

Giambi, a part time player with the second highest annual salary in baseball. It's just mind-boggling. And Mike Hampton made $15.75 million last year and I'm not even sure if he played. Ha. Richie Sexson $15 million and he hit about .230 (again). Just really boggles the mind. They need to collectively bargain some kinda of performance clauses into these contracts sooner or later. It's insane.

Ohhhhh well......
                        Last edited by CuseFan10; 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          If Giambi can make $23.5 then Santana should bet $90 million. But unfortunately that's not how it works.

Giambi, a part time player with the second highest annual salary in baseball. It's just mind-boggling. And Mike Hampton made $15.75 million last year and I'm not even sure if he played. Ha. Richie Sexson $15 million and he hit about .230 (again). Just really boggles the mind. They need to collectively bargain some kinda of performance clauses into these contracts sooner or later. It's insane.

Ohhhhh well......
                          Bartolo Colon, Jason Schmidt, Adrian Beltre and Jason Kendall are some more beauties making well over 10 million a year, lol...

Comment

Heyman saying Johan wants $26 million for 6 years and the Mets are offering $21.5 million.

Simple solution... MEET IN THE MIDDLE FELLAS!!!!!!

Comment

Get the deal done already. Why do I have a feeling he doesnt want to play in National League or be a Met.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNWEALTH View Post
                                Get the deal done already. Why do I have a feeling he doesnt want to play in National League or be a Met.
                                You are incorrect on both accounts. He justs wants his money, like every other person would. Can't blame him.

Comment

Working...
                                X