• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swisher to the White Sox

Seems like the A's are rebuilding. No Haren or Swisher now:beer2:
    "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Nice pickup for the Sox.

I heard that what they gave up to get Swisher wasn't too shabby either though.

Oakland should be good again in a coupla few years. Their stockpiling young talent.

Comment

Sox gave up a ton to get him....the hitter was there #1 prospect and the two pitchers are see as high level ML talent though they are both very young.

Seems like a lot for a .260 hitter with what 22 HR

I know the upside of Swisher is more then that and he is considered great in the clubhouse..but he will be hitting free agency in the next couple of years.

Probably a decent trade for both teams....though the Sox still don't come close to the Tigers or Indians on paper.

I was glad to see the Royals combated all this by signing Hideo Nomo. That should help pitch to all these lineups with the bashers in them....lol
      If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Sox gave up a ton to get him....the hitter was there #1 prospect and the two pitchers are see as high level ML talent though they are both very young.

Seems like a lot for a .260 hitter with what 22 HR

I know the upside of Swisher is more then that and he is considered great in the clubhouse..but he will be hitting free agency in the next couple of years.

Probably a decent trade for both teams....though the Sox still don't come close to the Tigers or Indians on paper.

I was glad to see the Royals combated all this by signing Hideo Nomo. That should help pitch to all these lineups with the bashers in them....lol
        swisher stunk last year. i had him on my fantasy team and unloaded him in a trade and he promptly was dropped 2 weeks later. he is an average at best hitter and fielder. and he goes through some prolonged hitting droughts. i agree that the Sox gave up a lot for him which is all OAK wanted was young talent to start over with and plug in. I am not a big Swisher guy, even though he is a buckeye......:thumbs:
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

But on top of the HRs & RBIs, he's a great on-base guy for a power hitter, right?

Comment

Swisher is a nice pick up in my opinion. Sox lost Erstad too.

I dont really care, I hate the team anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              But on top of the HRs & RBIs, he's a great on-base guy for a power hitter, right?
              Good move, IMHO by Kenny Williams. Swisher will hit 35 HR's in that ballpark. I think I read somewhere that it was the #1 park for most home runs allowed last year (which is a stat most people don't recognize). Swisher is also a good on base good who I would guess the Sox will hit 2nd in the order??? Lineup of Cabrera, Swisher, Konerko, Thome, Dye, Fields is nothing to sneeze at. The hitter they gave away, Ryan Sweeney, I think is a bust. He's been a "top prospect" for about 4 years now and still hasn't done anything. Maybe in Oakland with time he will. Gio Gonzalez must be good because he's been traded 3 times in the past year and a half, and I forget who the other arm is but I think the guy had a great AA season last year.

Looks good for both squads I think. Between the Haren trade and now this Swisher deal, it's like Billy Beane had a whole other draft to himself, haha... He got like 8 supposedly quality prospects and I'm sure he will unload Joe Blanton too and get 2 more. Eric Chavez???

Comment

Working...
              X