No announcement yet.

Larry's wet dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now its comes out this afternoon that Riccardi is trying to sign Rios and Aaron Hill to long term deals....lol!

AJ is definitely available.....and I could see NYM as a good fit......yeah, he has an opt out clause...but with his injury history...why wouldn't he want to keep the 2 years 24 mil on the table?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      I can't see Pudge hitting 9th, he will flip ****. He will hit 8th for pride purposes, if nothing else. Is that your analysis Larry or did you get that from a Tigers site or something? I agree they try to move Inge for a prospect or two (if they can), but I can't see them playing a Jacque Jones/Marcus Thames platoon over having Inge in the line-up if he's there, plus Cabrera is quite possibly the worst defensive 3rd baseman in all of baseball, and has OF experience from when he came up. Very interesting. Can't really go wrong either way, huh? Ha.

I'd hit Cabrera 4th and Ordonez 5th too. I assume you'd rather have Cabrera protectd that Maggs, no? Not that Guillen isn't great protection, cause he is. Man, that's a nasty line-up. Renteria 7th, haha... Wow.
      It's just something I typed in last night. Pudge and Jones could go 8/9. I do like the idea of Cabrera in left and Inge at 3rd, but Inge is so bad at the plate, I guess it'll depend on whether or not they move Inge. Something I heard last night was Cabrera at !B and Guillen at 3B. Who knows right now, not too bad of a problem to have. Also I think Shef, Ordonez, Cabrera can be interchanged between 3-5 in the linedup. Another nice problem to have.

Last year againts lefties Leyland would bat Polanco 1st and Granderson last and try and put some power at the 2 spot. I'd say he has some options with that this year. LOL!

Now of course the Tigers have to win a world series with this trade. If they don't and Maybin and/or Miller become the stud(s) they're slated to be then this will be John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander and worse all over again. Because Willis and Crabera are still so young I like this trade a lot! But only time will tell if it works out.

Comment

Are both Willis and Crabera free agents at the end of they year or do they still have arbitration years left?????
        It looks they have both been in the Majors for 5 years.

I forget if they are basically free agnets after they have played 6 years or played 7 years.
        Last edited by JB; 12-05-2007, 01:25 PM.
        If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

I found Crabera

2007 - $7.4 Million
          2008 - Arbitration
          2009 - Arbitration
          2010 - Free Agent

also foudn Willis for what its worth

2007 - $6.45 Million
          2008 - Arbitration
          2009 - Arbitration
          2010 - Free Agent

Comment

That seems like too many arbitration years....but that is what I found at rotoworld

If thats the case this seems like a great trade for the Tigers.
            I know that Maybin is one of the best prospects in all of baseball and the rest where all the Tigers top pitching prospects (except for Porcello who was not included in the trade)...
            "Excluding Rick Porcello, who was ineligible to be traded, Trahern and De La Cruz were the Tigers' top remaining pitching prospects. Trahern is a future middle-of-the-rotation starter, while De La Cruz profiles as a setup man or maybe a closer. Badenhop, like Trahern, is a sinkerballer with a modest strikeout rate. He has a chance to stick as a starter, but he's not quite as good of a bet."

But if you are getting Crabera and Willis for at least two full years you can always turn around and trade them yourselves in 2009 and still get value for them in that last year of arbitration or keep them for that third year.

Comment

Yea, thy are both 2010 as far as I've read. My guess is that they negotiate and sign Cabrera (since his arbitration will be over $10 million anyway) to buy him out an lock him up through say 2014-15. As for Willis, I think they definitely let him go through arbitration this year, and then take it year to year with him.

They still don't have a closer though that you can be comfortable with in October (unless you think Zumaya takes that role if he stops moving boxes around and playing video guitar games, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                AJ is definitely available.....and I could see NYM as a good fit......yeah, he has an opt out clause...but with his injury history...why wouldn't he want to keep the 2 years 24 mil on the table?
                Cause if he gets through one year relatively healthy, he will get $80 million from someone for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Cause if he gets through one year relatively healthy
                  :laughing:

Not gunna happen. Very true though...good point....he stays healthy, he wins the lottery again....he gets hurt, he can always fall back on the 25 million...

Comment

Totally agree JML. I'd love to have him here, he's worth the gamble, IMHO.

Chsnign the subject a bit, I think Miguel Tejada is a perfect fit for the Angels. His contract has only a couple years left on it, so while he's a $13-15 million per year player, it's only a couple years - and the Angels need a shortstop, plus another good bat. Tejada will not play the best of defense, but he will make the routine plays and he will still hit .300 with 15-20 hr's and 90rbi's minimum. Depending on wha tit takes to bring him in, I'd definitely pursue that because you know the Orioles would love to dump his salary.

IF of Kotchman, Kendrick, Tejada, Figgins with OF of Guerrero, Hunter, Matthews Jr, C of Napoli/Mathis and DH of Anderosn/Rivrea is solid offensively, no? I assume maybe Reggie Willits, Ervin Santana, and some midling prospect could bring back Tejada.

Comment

Wow, the Tigers are trying to trade Dontrelle Willis to the Mets now the geeky Yankees beat write on WFAN is now reporting???? And maybe Pudge Rodriguez with him to shed salary??? WTF?

Let's do this!!!!! :beerbang:

Willis and Pudge for Schneider, Pelfrey (or HUmber) and Heilman works for me!!!!

Comment

Dodgers get Andrew Jones for 2 years/36.2 Million.

Wow....that's alot for a .222 hitter and 26 homers. lol.
                        Great defence though, and his bat will probably rebound...

Now the 5th highest player in baseball....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                          Dodgers get Andrew Jones for 2 years/36.2 Million.

Wow....that's alot for a .222 hitter and 26 homers. lol.
                          Great defence though, and his bat will probably rebound...

Now the 5th highest player in baseball....

horrible signing IMO monetarily, but good on the years. hitting in Doyer Stadium and Petco Park for 93 of his 162 games isn't going to help his diminishing power numbers. He stunk last year. Mattingly says he can fix Jones' swing, but that is what they said all last year. It is just amazing the money that is thrown around to some of these guys. Freeking Linebrink getting 20M over 4 years for a guy who hasn't done **** the last 2 years, has lost about 7-8 MPH off his fastball and was a product of pitching in Petco Park....:dunno:.....rediculous.
                          Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-06-2007, 05:07 PM.
                          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

what a joke.....Tori Hunter and Andruuuuuuuuuuuuuuw Jones getting 18M/year ranking 5th and 6th all time in contract dollar value/year. Both are 30+ YO (hunter is going to be 33 YO the first part of next season) and by the time hunter hits the last 1/2 of his contract, his skills are going to be nowhere close to matching what they are paying him. At least with Jones, they didn't pull a Wann Pierre and give the guy a 100 year deal.
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              what a joke.....Tori Hunter and Andruuuuuuuuuuuuuuw Jones getting 18M/year ranking 5th and 6th all time in contract dollar value/year. Both are 30+ YO (hunter is going to be 33 YO the first part of next season) and by the time hunter hits the last 1/2 of his contract, his skills are going to be nowhere close to matching what they are paying him. At least with Jones, they didn't pull a Wann Pierre and give the guy a 100 year deal.
                              These contracts are outta control!
                              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                                These contracts are outta control!
                                Insanely out of control. Andruw Jones is coming off one of the worst offensive years in the history of baseball, and he gets rewarded with the 5th or 6th highest annual contract of all time???

:dunno:

Guys in this thread (Flyers is in - so Larry, JB, JML, UDoggie) - Email me if you are interested in doing a College Bowl Pool. It's a $25 winner take all (depending on how many people we have, right now there's about 25). Confidence points with spread, so it's tough. My email is on the hockey website fellas and UDoggie, just ask a Mod for it if you're interested. I would post it in the hockey league, but I honestly can't remember who some of those guys are (which I feel kind of bad about), and of course, JML and Larry have their emails hidden, haha...

I would post my email, but I don't 100 people emailing me and worrying about trying to collect money form people I don't necessarily trust. I'll send Meester a shout via email cause his is listed in hockey and maybe Flyers can enlighten me as to who the other guys are in there? I think Nuckers is flmmkrz and Devils is gophishn (Brodeur avatar guy).

If you're not interested no biggie. :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X