Joe Nuxhall Dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Nuxhall Dies

Really a sad day for a lot of Cincinnati people. I grew up there loving the Reds and he and Marty were like Cincinnati's Joe Buck or Chick Hearn. He was the voice of Cincinnati. I used to listen to Reds games every night when i was little trying to hit the sack. And an unfortunate reminder that we all get older........

RIP my friend......you meant a lot to the people of Cincinnati. :thumbs:

Nuxhall, a fixture on the Reds' scene for more than 60 years, dies at 79 - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Me too FF. Grew up listening to him on WCHS. He was classic.

RIP
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Damn...just saw this and had no idea! Thanks for posting Flyer Fan! I didn't care for him, thought he was about as good as Herb Score with the Indians PBP but respected his knowledge and love for the game.....and if you remember his sign-off a the end of every game..."this is the old left hander rounding third and heading for home".....that's exactly where he went...he hit a homerun! RIP Nuxkey!:sm:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1doC09rj_8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1doC09rj_8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Just saw this thread...and Flyers, I couldn't agree more. The guy was like none other for the city of Cincinnati....a true icon. Thousands upon thousands of people grew up listening to Marty and Joe every night on WLW. It was like a right of passage when growing up in the tristate area. I too would go to my room, turn my radio very, very low and listen to Joe when my parents thought I was asleep. I also remember many summer days playing catch with my dad while listening to the Reds on the radio.

Joe was like an extended family member...just part of your life growing up in the area. This world lost an absolute gem with Joe's passing.

I used to love when someone would hit a home run...Mary would be calling the play by play and Joe would be in the background screaming, "GET OUT OF HERE!!...GET OUT OF HERE!!....GET OUT OF HERE!!....HEY!!!"

Ahh, the memories....

RIP, Joe. You were beloved and will be missed.
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
          X