• Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Feast Week Part III - 11/24

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 57 - 37 - 2
    UNITS: +13.00
    MAC: 11 - 2 - 1
    Halfs: 18 - 7 - 1
    11/23: 8 - 9

Sorry guys, not a good time last night. Don't particularly care for much of today's card so I'm not going to force plays for the sake of playing. Going to take a lot of care today.....

CHAMINADE +17 vs. Oklahoma W - Are the Sooners gonna be flat after the butt whooping they took from UVA? The Silversword have made 10 treys in their first two games versus Wichita State and Michigan State. Another mainland biggie to tackle and since they shoot the ball well and don't turn it over a whole lot, they get the look from me.

MICHIGAN STATE +1.5 vs. Washington W - Sparty experienced a little undisciplined play themselves yesterday and Coach Izzo was totally frustrated with the shot selection at times. Today they get UW, a team that in its first three games this year made 42 treys! Wow! They only made 3 versus UK and shot 38% from the floor. Izzo's boys can't come home losing 2 of 3 and are the better free throw shooting team which is big in close games. MSU has shot 75% over their last two games while the Huskies only shoot 57% from the stripe. If it's gonna be close it's gonna be in the Izzone IMHO!

PRESBYTERIAN +6.5 1ST HALF vs. Princeton W - The Tigers are slow out of the gate this year in games, and their first half leads vs. Rutgers and Bucknell were just 4 point spreads (they won those games), and in their two losses (Duke and JMU) they trailed by double digits. The Blue Hose got off to a fast start vs. JMU a common opponent last night (down by 3 at the half) before fading very late in the game. Me thinks they can keep things interesting for a while tonight, and if they do, expect a 2nd half play!

RHODE ISLAND -8 vs. Drexel L
    JAMES MADISON -7 vs. Bucknell W
    VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH +4 vs. Tennessee L....1pt
    AKRON -2.5 vs. Cleveland State L...had CSU capped and changed my mind at the post
    EASTERN ILLINOIS +12.5 vs. Bradley W
    VIRGINIA +5 vs. Wichita State L
    TOLEDO +13 @ Youngstown State W
    LASALLE +10 @ Missouri L
    KENTUCKY -5 vs. Connecticut L

OVEN MITT YTD: 5 - 2

3-0 run for The Mitt!

"DEFINITELY"
    ARKANSAS LITTLE ROCK +6.5 @ Oral Roberts L

BOL to everyone!
    Last edited by joepa66; 11-25-2010, 08:29 AM. Reason: Added Oven Mitt Pick
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

also not a big fan of the card today

gl on the spartans bet, really hope they win, i want to hit duke hard when they play @ Cameron next week, Im afraid if the spartans drop another here there wont be any line value in Duke for that game. if they drop their second in a row here i can see Duke being 10 point faves at home. If spartans win today hopefully they maintain a high ranking and it will only be Duke-7 or less. Either way I like Duke to roll 'em in that matchup.

lets go spartans . :thumbs:

Comment

Nice hit on Chaminade.
      MLB
      May
      Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
      Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
      Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
      Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
      Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
      Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

RHODE ISLAND -4 2ND HALF vs. Drexel W

AKRON -1.5 2ND HALF vs. Cleveland State L

JAMES MADISON -3.5 2ND HALF vs. Bucknell W
        Last edited by joepa66; 11-24-2010, 09:21 PM.
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH +2.5 vs. Tennessee L...1.5 pts
          Last edited by joepa66; 11-24-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

VCU couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat in the ocean!! 8 mins left hopefully their pressure forces some easy buckets for the rams

Comment

Originally posted by RamPride View Post
              VCU couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat in the ocean......
              They shot 30% from floor and were only 27% for the first half and only trailed by 1 at the break! That's why I took them in the second half, thinking they'd shoot it better and have a chance.....Still almost got the cover.......:bang:

Comment

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 65 - 45 - 2
                UNITS: +11.75
                MAC: 12 - 3 - 1
                Halfs: 20 - 9 - 1
                11/24: 8 - 8

Early games started out good....but then :flush:

OVEN MITT YTD: 5 - 3

Comment

Working...
                X