Saturday IN-GAME Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Junior Highschool coaches woulda been screaming foul up 3 with 6 seconds left.
    Just brutal.
    I love how Gus Johnson and Dan Bonner didn't even mention:

(1) Oden's foul was clearly flagrant
    (2) Xavier should have fouled

Anytime a team gets the ball with under 10 seconds left, it should be automatic that you foul them as soon as they get to half court. This especially applies in college where there is no continuation rule and you can't be rewarded for throwing the ball at the basket as you get fouled. It's ludicrous that Xavier didn't foul there, and it's equally as bad on CBS's part that not a soul has mentioned it yet. I actually love Dan Bonner as an analyst and like Gus Johnson as well, but they completely dropped the ball in the later stages of that game and CBS should be embarrassed. Then, they go to studio on neither Seth Davis nor Homer Simpson Kellogg even mention either scenario?

Geez... I know the Big 10 means BIG MONEY to CBS viewers-wise and all, but can we get a little bit on journalistic integrity sprinkled in with Gus Johnson's screaming???

Is tha ttoo much to ask?

Comment

• wow...what a game....what a shot..........still can't believe they won that one.....unreal.....still can't believe i lost my under.....unreal............still can't believe that guy pulled a 4LOSW.....unreal.....still can't believe no one has offered to lick skinsfan's balls yet
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8fulJ View Post
        Sweet game, I need a shot :drunk:
        Steal your yankees? :bang:

As a deadhead, and a Jays fan, I find that insulting.
        LOL.

Comment

• Anyone taking Louisville in this one? I think they have a GREAT shot to win.

Comment

• A surreal game. Hope the rest are all like this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

Geez... I know the Big 10 means BIG MONEY to CBS viewers-wise and all, but can we get a little bit on journalistic integrity sprinkled in with Gus Johnson's screaming???

Is tha ttoo much to ask?

waah fuking wahhh cuse...im sure the game was fixed cause CBS likes Ohio State and the Big10.......blah fukin blah fuking blah.........glad OSU won and ruined your day as a constant big10 hater....

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                There was a ZERO percent chance of scoring 3 points if you foul.
                I will take zero over 15.
                They still had to get it down court to shoot it. On top of that the clock stops...anything can happen.
                Go Boilers!
                Thru 9/2

14-11 +6.18 units

5* 1-0
                4* 0-2
                3* 8-7
                2* 3-1
                2H 2-1

Comment

• got to give a lot of respect to ohio state... 60 of the 65 tournament teams would have folded in that situation

Comment

• Gus Johnson just having fun like everyone else was, I got no problem with that.

Glad Ohio St won, Ill wait till UNC goes down later till I root for that number 1 seed to lose...lol

LETS GO BUTLER!!!
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

• I loved his announcing at the end. That's what it's all about. He would have done the same if Xavier hit a game-tying three.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                        what's unfortunate cuse is you can't be objective about things and you let your bias get in the way. it's exactly what i posted last night in the in-game thread....some of you guys make having an actual basketball discussion impossible because all you do is spew your venom and bias. I am not a big east fan, but i won't bash them just because i don't like them. Nor will i prop up the big10 just because it is my conference. YOu jump on GM for his Duke bias but your bigeast bias is just as bad if not worse as is your crapping constantly on the big10
                        I take offense to that. I have argued with many people on here with civility (including yourself and BB) and am not someone who can't take criticism. When I type things about the Big 10, it's just to poke fun at you and BB really.. Sorry if you don't get that. I don't love the Big East more than any other conference (in fact, I actually enjoy the wide open style of the Pac 10 best).

I just don't like how the Big 10 gets all this credit in every sport because they mean big money, that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by rousea View Post
                          I loved his announcing at the end. That's what it's all about. He would have done the same if Xavier hit a game-tying three.
                          that's the way he announces...he does it every year for every game he has ever done in the tournament.....only rubs you wrong when he is doing it against who you are pulling for just like dicky V

Comment

waah fuking wahhh cuse...im sure the game was fixed cause CBS likes Ohio State and the Big10.......blah fukin blah fuking blah.........glad OSU won and ruined your day as a constant big10 hater....

Whatever dude, I don't know what your problem is today, your team won, enjoy it. I'll see yo in the hockey playoffs next week.

I NEVER say things are fixed and hate when people do. I'm sorry you have a problem because I don't respect the Big 10 basketball teams this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                              I take offense to that. I have argued with many people on here with civility (including yourself and BB) and am not someone who can't take criticism. When I type things about the Big 10, it's just to poke fun at you and BB really.. Sorry if you don't get that. I don't love the Big East more than any other conference (in fact, I actually enjoy the wide open style of the Pac 10 best).

I just don't like how the Big 10 gets all this credit in every sport because they mean big money, that's all.

you have hammered the big10 for weeks. you just said you hate the conference and you were pulling for X. And i didn't like your comment about "trash" the big 10 and how we suck if Wisconsin was our lone hope. I guess it's just starting to wear thin on me. I don't do that to the bigeast or your team, though, i am not a fan of either one.

and as far as the hockey playoffs go, i think you will probably beat me and win the whole thing. i never should have dropped tchachuk

Comment

CBS and especially Seth Davis has not been friendly to the Big 10. OSU is a TV draw though.

They would lynch Seth if he walked onto Purdue's campus. He had earlier stated that Purdue should have not been in the tourney.
                                Go Boilers!
                                Thru 9/2

14-11 +6.18 units

5* 1-0
                                4* 0-2
                                3* 8-7
                                2* 3-1
                                2H 2-1

Comment

Working...
                                X